Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My sister just politely notified that it had been 12 days since my last post.  Well...here you are:


This is an arrangement that she and I worked on together.  It originally had red tulips and the white flowers you will see still in the pictures.  We needed a new/updated arrangement for the front of the church for Spring into Summer.  There was a very pretty one using shades of purple, but it was too small for the front.  (No pictures - again I NEVER thought I would do a blog :-\)  I found a bush at Hobby Lobby that has a really nice variety of spring flowers as well as yellow tulips.  Hobby Lobby has the BEST flowers if you are using artificial!!!


We switched out the red tulips with the yellow which alone made a huge difference.  We left the small white flowers.  We took apart the small arrangement and used much of it in the new arrangement: large, full ivory roses with pink and lavender tips, dark purple gladiolas and some stems of small clusters of small purple flowers.  From the bush (HL) we used the large magenta & light pink lilies along with some dark pink freesia looking flowers :-)  I also used some brown ting ting  - just because I think that stuff is cool :-p


Here is a pic of the finished product!


Here is a pic of the flower in front of the church (this is Bro. Pete Cox preaching)


This was my first attempt at a real arrangement (even though we were just updating and changing out some color).  We agreed that it turned out well and got tons of compliments!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment