Thursday, June 17, 2010


My mom is the McGyver of crafting...you give her a box of random supplies and she can make something (s) out of it!!  My sister made nearly everything for her wedding a couple of weeks back.  I helped out with the wreaths on the front of the church :-D

I have found in the last 9 months or so that I have a decent talent at putting together arrangements.  I started out by helping Mrs P doing up the windows at church - changing out for the holidays.  I had never really done anything like that before, but at the time she didn't have help (the lady that had been helping her was sick).  I jumped right in.  :-) 

We didn't really have anything to put in for the fall so I started poking around on the internet and found Jo Pearson on the Michaels website.  I took my idea from her Fall 09 Fall Floral Arrangements video.  Jo introduced me to the Versa Tool and I fell in love :-)

I used cream colored craft pumpkins, floral foam, spanish moss and fall floral picks and bushes.  (I never anticipated having a blog, so I do not have progressive pictures)





I made the first one at the house and met Mrs P at the church and she helped me make the other 7 arrangements for the windows.  
  • I cut the top of the pumpkin off, going in a circle around the top with the exacto blade on the versa tool - with the heat it took no time at all to cut all 8 pumpkins.  
  • I then cut the floral foam bricks in half - using a half in each pumpkin (again using the versa tool).
  • Then I added the flowers and fall fruit from the picks and bushes.  Since I was doing these on a smaller scale than the video I used wire cutters and cut sprigs from the picks and bushes.  This made it quite a bit easier to manipulate the design.
We set these pumpkins in the windows and we received lots of compliments on them!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment