Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Well, I have been bitten!  I learned to play on the sewing machine over the weekend - under the watchful eye of my sis.  I had some scrap fabric left over from some Christmas gifts a couple of years back.  Using a huge cutting mat, rotary cutter and nice heavy ruler I squared it up and cut some blocks.  My sister had some white that I used to separate my blocks with and I started sewing them together.  I ended up with 5 strips - a good start for a 1st try!! 



Well...I went and bought one!!!  Not every expensive, but it will be just fine to get started with :-D  I got it out last night and started playing around with it.
Now I am chomping at the bit to get some fabric!!!  I have found TONS of patterns and pictures from great places like Oh, Fransson, Jaybird Quilts, & Moda Bake Shop.  All I think about is charm packs and jelly rolls - LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment