Monday, March 21, 2011

WOW!!! It has been WAY TO LONG according to my sis who informed that since I was bored I could update my blog.  LOL

I admit...it has been a very long time...July 20, 2010.  Quite a bit has happened since then.  After trying for a couple of years we finally got our BFP!!!  Along with this FABULOUS news my desire for anything crafty went out the window, which meant this blog.  It still hasnt come back yet either.  

I was diagnosed very early on, around 12 or 13 weeks, with gestational diabetes...I thought it was the end of the world at the time.  Turns out not to have been.  It was a lot of trial and error for a while, to figure out what you can eat and how it affects your blood sugar.  I have been going twice weekly for non-stress tests since 32 weeks to make sure AB is moving good, see that his heart rate accelerates appropriately.  With this, there have been growth ultrasounds every 4 weeks.  At 36 weeks he was estimated at 7 lbs, 10 oz.  AC was 8 lbs, 4 oz when he was born.


We also had a little situation where he had an extra heart beat (Premature Atrial Contraction) that we could definitively hear on the doppler.  That required a trip to Charlotte for a fetal echo-cardiogram.  It had decreased dramatically by the time the appointment rolled around and even more so by the next Friday at my OB check.  It is completely gone now.

Today I am 38 weeks, heading to the doctor soon for a check up & hopefully some news about how we are going to proceed if AB doesnt come on his own.  Last week (37 weeks) I was told induction at 39 weeks if conditions were favorable.  I assume they were (Open & almost 1).

This pregnancy has been VERY different from my first.  Some women say that there are times that they forget they are pregnant.  I had times like that with my first...not this one.  Every time I stand up, get out of the bed, eat...I am reminded :-)  We are in the home stretch and anxiously awaiting AB's arrival.  

Here is a pic of AC and I from our diaper & wipe shower from a month ago:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment